Most Blessed Sacrament Catholic School requires students to participate in summer reading. Please see the following information regarding the summer reading program.
· Below, please find a list of books with a corresponding grade level.
· Students are asked to read the book assigned for the grade level they will be entering in 2017.
· Upon returning to school, students must be prepared to participate in graded activities that pertain to their grade level's summer reading book.
· 6-8 Grade students must read 2 books. One book is mandatory and one must be chosen from the choice options.
· All books are Accelerated Reader books and students are encouraged and allowed to take the AR test on the book if they haven't already done so. They will not be able to take the AR test a 2nd time.
We thank you for supporting our summer reading program.
Cheri Gioe, Principal
Entering 2nd Grade
Arthur Writes a Story By: March Brown
Entering 3rd Grade
Third Grade Angels By: Jerry Spinelli
Entering 4th Grade
Because of Winn Dixie By: Kate DiCamillo
Entering 5th Grade
Bridge to Terabithia By: Katherine Paterson
Entering 6th Grade
Hatchet By: Gary Paulson
Choices: Artemis Fowl By: Eoin Colfer Rules By: Cynthia Lord The Graveyard Book By: Neil Gaiman
Entering 7th Grade
Wonder By: R.J. Palacio
Choices The Wednesday Wars By: Gary D. Schmidt The Thief Lord By: Cornelia Funke Peak By: Roland Smith So B. It By: Sarah Weeks
Entering 8th Grade
The Westing Game By: Ellen Raskin
Choices: The Book Thief By: Markus Zusak Tangerine By: Edward Bloor Bloomability By: Sharon Creech Gone By: Michael Grant